To understand why and how the evidence reveals a premeditated cover up one must look back at what was going on at the time. This is something Democrats, aided by a complicit media, hope you will not do and the reason why they have delayed and pushed back against any investigation in the hopes that people will forget certain events or fail to make the connections.
The Benghazi attack occurred on September 11, 2012, less than 2 months for Obama's critical re-election campaign. In the days leading up to the attack Gallup had polls showing Romney within 1 point of the president and Real Clear Politics showed a virtual dead heat.
All election long Obama had been running around the country spiking the football, as he called it, proclaiming victory for assassinating Osama bin Laden and putting, "al qaeda on the run".
We know in the days and weeks leading up to the attack that Obama had been skipping his regular intelligence briefings, saying he reads them on his iPad. Those briefings contained highly credible evidence of impending attacks across the Middle East on the anniversary of 9/11.
In emails released a few weeks ago to Judicial Watch through a Freedom of Information Act request, we know the White House was very concerned with not letting people connect the Benghazi attack on Obama's failed foreign policy and instead wanted them to focus on a an Internet video for inciting protests in the region.
While the emails came after the attack, but before Susan Rice went on the Sunday morning talk shows to tell the White Houses version of the story five days later, they reveal a White House that was critically aware of the political ramifications of terrorist attacks against American facilities.
Armed with the knowledge of likely attacks and wanting to mitigate any negative blow back to the president's re-election campaign from any attack, the White House crafted a strategy to get out in front. The plan they landed on was a poorly made Internet video that hardly anyone had seen up to that point.
On the morning of September 11th, and hours before any protests or attack occurred, the US State Department officials in Cairo released a statement apologizing to Muslims for the Internet video:
"The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."In response, and as if on cue, Muslims in Cairo gathered outside the embassy in protest.
Not long after the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi came under attack by Al Qaeda forces.
This is where the White House and Democrats try and make the claim that they believed the attack was another protest about the video. The claimed it was the CIA who told them it was caused by the video and that that is why they ordered Susan Rice to blame the attack on the video.
But an email released just this morning to the House investigative committee reveals the White House put the blame on the video almost immediately after the attack began and long before the CIA presented them with facts surrounding the cause of the attack.
In the email White House officials are quoted as saying they reached out to YouTube regarding the ramifications of posting the video.
“White House is reaching out to UTube to advise ramifications of the posting of the Pastor Jon Video.”
The email is yet another piece of evidence that reveals the White House had made up its mind about using the video as cover long before any facts were known about the Benghazi attack. It also proves that we have not yet learned all the facts.
The evidence is, at the very least, circumstantial enough to warrant a deeper investigation like that which will be carried out by the House Select Committee. Who crafted the white wash strategy? Was the president aware? Where was he during the Benghazi attack? Which, if any, laws were broken and by whom?
One thing we do now know for sure, we know we haven't been told the truth.