Friday, October 12, 2012

Biden: The Great Recession? It came from [Ryan] voting to put two wars on a credit card... I was there, I voted against them. I said, no, we can’t afford that.


“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card...” 
“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.” [1]

Umm, no you didn't.

As a Democrat member of the Senate, Joe Biden voted in favor of the bills authorizing force for both the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars.

Hmm, I wonder why all those "non-partisan," completely "unbiased" "fact check" web sites have somehow missed Biden's claims to not have voted for the wars or his claims that Syria is five times larger than Libya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt the GOP deserves scorn for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. But the democrats might be worse. They as the opposition party had every obligation to criticize and prevent the USA from blindly going off the cliff. Yet, they failed in their duty as an opposition party.

And if Senator Max Cleland is an example of their thought process, that makes it even worse. You see Cleland knew the war was a mistake, yet he voted for it anyway. Why? Well, here is what he said in his own words, "it was obvious that if I voted against the resolution that I would be dead meat in the race, just handing them in a victory." In other words, he was more worried about losing the next election than in exercising his obligations as US Senator. How may other democrats made the same deal with the devil? How many shirked their role as the skeptical opposition to enhance their electoral chances?

My bet is Biden, and Hilary too, can probably fit into the same category as Max Cleland.