Forget for a moment that Democrats control the senate and that Republicans can't do anything to stop equal pay for women bills and forget that there are already numerous equal pay bills on the books dating as far back as 1963, but didn't Obama claim to have already fixed this whole unequal pay for women thing with the first bill he signed into law, the Lilly Ledbetter Act?
Yeah, that's what I thought he was running around saying.
Too bad for Democrats the whole unequal pay for women shtick is nothing but a myth. Studies like those used by the left to make their false allegations rely on comparisons of the average wage for women versus men. This is like comparing apples to belt buckles. This false comparison ignores pretty much every meaningful factor in calculating how much someone's labor is worth, things like experience, skill, occupation, education and hours worked .
Here's the truth.
- More than one third of women earn more than their husbands.
- More than 60% of all new bachelor's degrees and more than half of all new master's degrees go to women and it's paying off. Young women earn more than young men, ages 30 and under.
- Only one in five women with children think working full-time is important, the remaining 4 out of five prefer part-time or staying at home. As a result, a much higher percentage of women work part-time than men.
- Women call in sick more than men.
- Women use more of their vacation days than men.
- Even in using the methods for comparing wages by the left, women earn more than men in most major cities.
- When you compare people of identical experience, skills, occupation, education and hours worked, woman earn identical wages as men.