Friday, July 24, 2009

CNN President Offers New Excuse for Obama's Missing Birth Certificate

CNN President Joe Klein has reportedly sent emails to staff members of CNN's highest rated show, The Lou Dobbs Show, telling them, "this story is dead," referring to the questions that continue to plague President Obama regarding his failure to produce a valid birth certificate. The email came just days after Lou Dobbs held a segment on the issue.

But what has been missed in coverage of Klein's email is the explaination he gives as to why this story is "dead". In the email he writes:
[Klein] asked researchers to dig into the question of why Obama couldn't produce the original birth certificate. The researchers contacted the Hawaii Health Dept. and confirmed that paper documents were discarded in 2001 when the department went paperless. That reportedly includes Pres. Obama's original birth certificate.

This is the first time anyone has issued any kind of explanation as to why President Obama failed to produce the original vault copy of his birth certificate. The only explanation President Obama himself has given is to release the short form Certificate of Live Birth on his website. But as WND points out, this version is given to children of Hawaiian citizen's even if they were born outside the United States.

So does this explanation hold water? It's doubtful. Klein offers no evidence, and according to Hawaiian law, no one can gain access to the original vault copy of the long form version of a Certificate of Live Birth without expressed written consent by the holder of that certificate. So, it seems unlikely CNN researchers would be able to confirm the destruction of any such document without that consent.

The new excuse that Obama's Birth Certificate was destroyed in 2001 when the state went paperless also seems to directly contradict an article in the Honolulu Adviser from Nov 1, 2008 which contains statement's made by Hawaii's Director of the Department of Health stating they have seen and confirmed the existence of Obama's original vault copy birth certificate.
Dr. Chiyome Fukino said today she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate. - factcheck.org

The evidence seems to suggest this story is anything, but "dead".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Klein, donor to 0bama's campaign, wishes this story would die. Almost as much as Americans wish to know whether 0bama is a "natural born citizen" or a "naturalized citizen".

Chris said...

If they did destroy all the original documents in 2001, why didn't the Obama camp say so last year when this surfaced? It seems this would have been an easy, bulletproof answer, especially given the destruction occurred in 2001, far before the nation ever heard of Obama during the 2004 DNC convention. There would have not been any ammo for conspiracy theorists. Instead, this stupid issue will drag on. What a waste.

Anonymous said...

It is almost always about the coverup. Nixon, Clinton, ...
Anyone for another game of perjury?

Destroyed documents in 2001?

DOH Director, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, on October 31st, 2008, said she has “personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.“