- Bill Richardson - Nominated for Commerce Secretary. Withdrew nomination after evidence surfaced he gave out lucrative government contracts for campaign donations.
- Judd Gregg - Nominated for Commerce Secretary. Withdrew nomination citing ideological differences with the Obama administration.
- Tim Geithner - Nominated and confirmed as Treasury Secretary. Evidence surfaced Geithner avoided paying social security and medicare taxes for numerous years.
- Tom Daschle - Nominated for Health and Human Service Secretary. Withdrew nomination after evidence surfaced Daschle owed more than $130,000 in back taxes.
- Kathleen Sebelius - Nominated and confirmed as Health and Human Services Secretary. Evidence surfaced Sebelius lied on her taxes to the tune of $7,000. She has since revised and paid those taxes. Evidence also surfaced Sebelius failed to disclose $26,000 in contributions to her PAC by infamous third-term abortion doctor George Tiller.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
The Obama Nominees - The First 100 Days
It's been 100 days since President Barack Obama took the oath of office. We've detailed the major events that have occurred over those 100 days. Now, lets take a reflect on those Barack Obama nominated to help him along the way.