Friday, November 14, 2008

Maria Antonia & Kelly Eckerman Suing KMBC for Sex and Age Discrimination

Taking a page from Max and Tana, long time KMBC-TV anchors Maria Antonia, Kelly Eckerman and Peggy Breit are suing the station for sex and age discrimination.

Eckerman said General Manager Wayne Godsey told her, "You know, men can have a nice long run in this business, and women, if they take care of themselves, can have a decent run, too. You’ve had a decent run."

Maria Antonia also alleges a hostile work environment at the station. Though, she's generally pretty hostile all by herself, so it's no surprise that she's finding that sort of attitude following her around.

Both notso-gracefully aging women asked us to relay this message on their behalf, "You stay classy, Kansas City."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny. I can see all sides on this one. So instead of taking a side, I think I'm going to sit back and watch this one from the sidelines with my popcorn.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to Maria and Kelly's brutal and most obsurd treatment. I am currently going through the same treatment, only I was wrongfully terminated for voicing my take on the situation. I cant imagine how difficult it is for both ladies to keep thier composure while suffering this barbaric treatment. Keep smiling, and know that you have many women who are depending on you to prevail.