Monday, June 16, 2008

NKC Students Getting the Short End of the Budgetary Stick

NKC has announced a plan to cut the budget for the next school year by more than $4.3 million. District representatives say the cuts will not effect class size.

According to the district numbers, 82% of their annual budget goes towards salaries and benefits. That's leaving a meager 18% to actually go towards the books, computers, supplies, buildings, and all the other expenses you'd think might warrant a slightly larger portion of the budget.

No comments: